- 1/4 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Diced Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped Bell Pepper
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Chopped Red Potatos
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This has long been one of my favorite recipes for camping, but my college apartment also had grills next to the pool. I also like to bring a portable charcoal grill to the park for picnics. This recipe is great any time you have access to open flame.
- Spread the olive oil on a 1.5 foot sheet of heavy aluminum foil
- Add the chopped onion and red potatoes, diced bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes
- Roll the ground beef into meatballs about 2 inches in diameter (should be about 4 meatballs)
- Add spices of choice (Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, etc.)
- Fold the foil tightly around the ingredients to seal in the steam from cooking
- Place directly into the hot coals of a campfire or charcoal grill
- Cook for about 20 to 40 minutes depending on the temperature of the fire
- Flip once about halfway through
You can buy pre-chopped onions and peppers (that's what I do); however, you can chop them yourself too. I recommend an assortment of bell pepper colors.